HMS Frobisher - Cruiser
Country : UK
Launched : 20th March 1920
His Majestyís Dockyard Devonport launched this Hawkins class heavy cruiser on 20 March 1920 and she entered service in the Royal Navy on 20 September 1924
After commissioning, she served with the Mediterranean Fleet as flagship to the 1st Cruiser Squadron, with a temporary detachment to the China Station in 1926. From 1927 she carried a catapult on the quarter-deck, together with a crane, to operate a small aircraft. After a refit in 1929 she joined the Atlantic Fleet, but joined the Reserve Fleet in November 1930 until conversion to Cadet Training Ship in 1932, which involved the removal of her armament. In early 1939 the cruiser went back into reserve until January 1940 when she began an extensive refit, which included rearming her.
Known Pennants : D81, I81